Boys basketball off to a strong start, despite record

Last Friday and Saturday, November 29 and 30 at 6:30, the Pewaukee Boys Varsity Basketball team was matched up against Menomonee Falls and East Troy at home to kick off the 2019-20 boys basketball season. 

The Pewaukee varsity team featured four sophomores starters and one senior starter. Despite the youth, they almost came back against Menomonee Falls within the last few minutes after being down 10 points. The team was lead by Sophomore Ashton Janowski with 33 points. “Ashton played a great game, he was aggressive all game and scoring at will,” freshman Mathew Kuglitsch said. 

The boys lost the next night to East Troy 73 to 71. This game featured another comeback within the last few minutes after being down by ten, but the boys could not finish the game out. “We played alright, our offense was pretty good, but our defense could have been better,” freshman basketball team member Milan Momcilovic said. 

The team is also down a possible starter in Momcilovic who currently has a fractured growth plate in his ankle. The freshman is six foot seven inches and a great overall player, “I think I can bring multiple things to the team like tallness, shooting and a post player.” Momcilovic said. 

“Hopefully we can make it a little bit farther than last year considering last year we had a lot of young players on our roster.” Kuglitsch said. In the end, hopefully, the team lives up to those expectations.