PLE promotes new lead from within

Brian Siegel named new principal

Pewaukee School District announces that the current Associate Principal of Pewaukee Lake Elementary School, Brain Siegel, will become the new Principal for the 2020-21 school year.

Siegel, a UW-Madison graduate, has taught at the elementary level for 12 years. 10 of these years were spent at the Hamilton School District, teaching 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade. Siegel became the Associate Principal of Pewaukee Lake Elementary School in 2017 after earning his Master’s degree in Educational Leadership from Cardinal Stritch University.

“During my time in the classroom, I had a wide range of experiences at different grade levels and with different types of learners,” Siegel said. “This has prepared me to help support all of our learners at PLE through challenges they may have academically and socially. I am better prepared to offer support to their teachers, too, having lived the role of a classroom teacher for a number of years.”

Current Principal, Robin Wilson, will be transitioning over to the district office, located on the Pewaukee School District campus, as the Director of Learning and Leadership. Wilson has been the Pewaukee Lake Elementary School Principal for the past six years.

“Being a principal is a very demanding job with a wide array of expectations and responsibilities,” Superintendent Dr. Mike Cady said. “In simple terms, we expect our principals to lead their schools and create environments in which students learn and thrive as individuals.”

Dr. Mike Cady has been the Superintendent of the Pewaukee School District for the past three years. Also having continued to further his education after graduating from UW-Whitewater, Cady received his Doctoral Degree from Cardinal Stritch University. One of his roles in this position is to supervise the principals at all four schools in the district. Additionally, Dr. Cady is highly involved in the hiring process.

“We had the luxury of working directly with Mr. Siegel the past two years as Associate Principal of PLE and therefore we already knew that he is a talented and dedicated leader who had high potential as a strong principal candidate,” Dr. Cady said. “He is hard working, compassionate, intelligent and very student focused. All qualities that we believe will make him a great leader for the school.”

Siegel’s first official day of work as Pewaukee Lake Elementary’s new Principal will be on July 1, 2020. During the 2020-21 school year, Pewaukee Lake Elementary will be moving the third grade out of the building and into Horizon Elementary School. As Siegel closes the chapter as Associate Principal, he readily welcomes the next set of challenges as Principal.

“I am most excited to see how we develop as a school with the new 4K through 2nd grade identity,” Siegel said. “We are making some big changes at the 4K level to include more play-based learning experiences for students. We hope to have this mentality start to flow through the older grades, while keeping strong academics in, too.”