Spring sport kickoff

Pewaukee Pirate’s Varsity Baseball schedule for the upcoming 2021 Baseball season. Schedule was taken from @PKEBaseball on twitter.

Spring sports are finally back in Pewaukee after the WIAA had to cancel last season.

The Pirates came second in the Division 2 WBCA pre-season rankings following only the Catholic Memorial Crusaders and ranked eighth in PBR Wisconsin’s Pre-Season Power 25 rankings. Not only that, but the team has two players, Senior Grant Ross and Junior Logan Dobberstein who fell on the Journal Sentinel’s top 55 Wisconsin high school baseball players.

At Whitnall, the team lived up to their high expectations. Finishing off the Falcons 10-2 in 7 innings, Ross was on the mound for the Pirates to start off and he went for five no-hit innings, carrying along eleven strikeouts and only one walk. The game was closed by Senior Vince Zipperer who pitched the last two innings. Pewaukee’s bats were rolling as five Pirate hitters had multi-hit games and three had extra base hits. Sophomore Logan Schill in his first varsity game led the team with three stolen bases.

Not only did Coach Dobberstein and his team kick off their season, Coach Dussault and his track crew started the season participating in a dual meet with West Allis Hale High School.

“Man I could take a lot of your time putting all of this into words. It means the world to me and the other coaches that our season is finally underway,” Dussault said.

Two members of the track team broke their own personal records in two events. Sophomore Mitchell Eldridge jumped 6 feet to break his personal record and Senior Shrey Narayanan broke his previous Long Jump personal record of 18 ft 10 in, which now sits at 20’5.

Overall it’s a great start to a notable season for both teams following a state championship from the Pirates boys Varsity Basketball team.