The Hook

The Lollapalooza music festival is the perfect touch to summer enjoyment

Katie Houck

After the jam packed days of Summerfest are in your rearview mirror, festival goers can drive down to Chicago from August 2-5 for Chicago’s largest music festival: Lollapalooza. This festival is celebrating its 27th season, after being created by Jane’s Addictions own Perry Farrell in 1991, and has since spread all around the world. With festivals in Paris, Berlin, Santiago and several other locations, it’s no surprise their lineups are filled with some of the best acts in the industry.

Last year’s headliners included Chance the Rapper, The Killers, and Arcade Fire, leading to completely packed shows and high expectations for the next year. But it’s no surprise they were able to do it once again, bringing in first time headliners in addition to some returning favorites. This year’s headliners have something for almost everyone, with Arctic Monkeys, Bruno Mars, and the Weeknd to name just a few. Some returning favorites fill out the rest of the lineup including Chvrches, Tyler, the Creator, and Walk the Moon.  If you’re interested in seeing someone new at Lolla, don’t skip on Khalid, Billie Eilish, and Brockhampton who are performing for their first time at the festival this year.

Tickets went on sale for the event back in March but can still be found online. If you’re an avid music lover, or simply love the summer festival season, Lollapalooza is definitely the event for you. Your days will be jammed packed running from stage to stage, shopping all the boutiques lining the festival grounds, and checking out the food stalls for a mid-day snack. There’s someone on the bill every day for everyone’s music taste and with it being just over an hour away, why not?