The Hook

In preparing for graduation, cherish the memories

Back to Article
Back to Article

PHS class of 2018 stands on the football field to capture memories they have made in the past 12 years here at Pewaukee.

Olivia Michels-Kehring

It’s safe to say that Wisconsin has finally made its way from winter into summer, which means graduation is right around the corner. The Pewaukee High School class of 2018 will be graduating on Friday, June 8 at 7:00 in the high school’s main gym. It’s been one big ride for this year’s seniors and I’m sure we can all say we’re ready to move on. As a senior, I know that the 4 years of high school seem dreadfully slow, but hold on, because it ends faster than you think.

“It’s hard to think that just under four years ago we were little, shy freshmen, and now we’re seniors about to walk into our futures,” Senior Celina Schwantes said. “For most of us, we’ve been together since across the parking lot, but once we graduate, we get to move on together and carry on the rest of our lives.”

As graduation day approaches, it gets easier and easier to think about letting go of high school, but certainly not the memories. Some of us will go out of state, and some will stay right down the street from home. But if there’s anything that Pewaukee has taught us, is that we can do anything we put our minds to, no matter what our future entails. So from myself to the rest of the class of 2018–congratulations.