The Hook

Journalism bids farewell to contributing seniors

Emily Kading

“Days go by slow, years go by fast.” That phrase could not be more true for the seniors in this 2018 graduating class. Transitioning to a college lifestyle from a high school lifestyle, Pewaukee High School’s senior with a severe case of “senioritis,” Olivia Michels-Kehring states that she is “so ready” for the brand new college experience.

“The greatest thing was realizing the person that I became and realizing that I could do so much more,” Michaels-Kehring said. “Ever since I was in sixth grade, I always knew that the second I graduated high school I wanted to leave and go somewhere far away from here, but now its hard because I’ve been here for six years. I think I need one more year to grow up.”

As seniors finally go their separate ways after 12 years of seeing each other each and every day,  it will be an emotional time for every single person in that grade (whether they want to admit it or not).

Overall, the last 12 years for these seniors have been a crazy time for all of them, but looking back, they wouldn’t trade it for anything. As the time draws near for them to go their separate ways, these seniors will realize how lucky they are to be a part of such an amazing group of kids. 

Alison Zigler will be attending University of Northern Colorado and possibly studying Exercise Science and Psychology in the fall of 2018.

Grace Weisensel will be attending UW-Milwaukee in the fall of 2018.

Joe Marz will be attending UW-Madison in the fall of 2018 to study Journalism.

Molly Lutes will be attending UW-Milwaukee to study either English or Music Composition in the fall of 2018.

Olivia Michels-Kehring will be attending Carroll University in the fall of 2018, then transferring to Eckerd Florida Golf Coast to study Marine Biology and Ocean Ecology and Conservation.

Katie Houck will be attending UW-Whitewater to study Journalism in the fall of 2018.

Mia Harris will be attending Carroll University in the fall of 2018, then transferring to Hawaii Pacific after two years to study Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography.