The Hook

The Hook releases its first print issue

The+premiere+issue+of+The+Hook+was+distributed+to+the+PHS+student+body+on+Monday%2C+June+4.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Hook releases its first print issue

The premiere issue of The Hook was distributed to the PHS student body on Monday, June 4.

The Pewaukee High School Introduction to Journalism class launched the premiere issue of a student-created publication, The Hook. The study body received a copy of this “summer issue” publication on Monday, June 4.

The Introduction to Journalism class spent a semester undergoing journalistic training, preparing them for this print opportunity. The class also concepted, named, and designed the first issue of the student publication. Student journalists were assigned a specific journalistic role (editor, photographer, etc.) and contributed a story and page design to the final product.

The Hook is scheduled to continue next year, but whether it will be as part of a class or an extracurricular activity remains undetermined. Any students interested in becoming involved with the student publication are encouraged to contact Mrs. Bengs..